Skip to main content

HER-1

                  The world has changed. Many women are able to study, pursue higher education, find jobs, and many more, but their families or their society still control them.


I do not understand these things called… allowing her, giving her, sending her…. Who are you and I to let her do…. That is her damn life and she should allow herself …. She should be able to make her own decisions ...to do things she loves ...to do what she wants to do .... she should live her life the way she wants it to be and not according to how you set it up!

                                                                             


Here, girls are mentally prepared from childhood to obey others, to always live life according to someone else's rules. She is taught to always put herself in second place, leaving first place to society or family. She is molded to accept that is the life she should live.


In her home, she should not compare herself to her brothers or any other male. She should not raise her voice... she should not ask questions; she shouldn't earn more than the male.


A girl who raises her voice is finally labelled as arrogant and spoiled.


In her husband's home, she should not earn more than her husband. She should not compare herself to her husband. She should not take part in critical decision making. Her thoughts, her opinions, are least bothered. Even in situations like giving birth to a child…. It is the family that decides when to have a child, how many children she can give birth to....


Yes, days have changed and they are still changing but that does not mean women are fully liberated.

A girl is prepared on how to compromise, how to not raise her voice, how she should allow body shaming and remain silent.


One day a man sits in her lounge having a cup of coffee, he judges her on her looks, her height, her weight, her body, her skin tone, her hair, and what not. I do not understand how parents allow some stranger to happily sit and enjoy insulting her own daughter…. Does this make any sense?


How can a mother not feel anything for her own daughter ….

How can she not understand…. what her daughter is going through from the day she was born?

How can women not support another woman?               


Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Tug-Of-War

 A Hello and a warm hug to all the 20s out there, who are juggling to be a kid again and to be the perfect adult. Welcoming us to adulthood, with fingers crossed. We are stuck between all the question marks, exclamation points, commas, and periods. Our thoughts always start with "What if...," "What if not...," "Why...," "What...," and mostly end with... "na...naa, there's no end, by the way." We feel it's complicated with the phrases love, relationship, move on, break up, passion, heart, romance, guilt, fairy tale, companionship, compromise, expectations, responsibilities. Ough!! So much to handle. Isn't our generation a little bit confused about the above dramas?   Like guys! what are we trying to find? What does it mean to us?  Are we not satisfied with what we have and the way we have them?  Are we starving for a "Perfect Love," "perfect End," "perfect Story"?  Did we already lose our best mo

Perspective

 It is Saturday morning, as usual, my alarm beeps at 8:00 am to wake me up for the day. I smile and think, "Bro, it's the weekend, so calm down and sleep." After some time, I wake up and arrange the bed. Later, I go down to check the breakfast, but since I live in a PG, the food is either tasteless or not enough. I go to the store and buy some milk, boil it, and have some cereals along with it. I feel full and satisfied after my first meal, which I usually skip during the weekdays just to have some more extra time to sleep. Finding my laundry bag looking sadly at me for all the clothes it is handling, I decide to wash them. For many days, I have wanted to make a craft to keep at my desk, so I decide to finish it, and it comes out pretty good. I cook myself some egg rice for lunch and make my tummy full and happy. I open Instagram, and it's the weekend—everybody there, everybody here, and who cares. I feel people are living life, everyone is traveling, exploring, movin